There are serious hints and indications that there is turbulence in the future for the airline with a racoon as a mascot.
- There are increasing number of complaints about cancelled flights, poor service and unhappy customers. This is a Twitter site, created by Porter passengers, devoted to complaints. https://twitter.com/PorterFail?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email
- The company is having a hard time filling their planes with paying customers. Often, they cancel partially sold flights and then load those passengers on the next flight in order to make some money. That makes customers very unhappy.
- The Porter fleet is ageing. Planes break down more often, and that leads to delays and cancellations.
- Fog at Billy Bishop Airport leads to cancelled flights much more frequently than at Pearson.
- Porter is having persistent problems keeping pilots.
- Most important, Porter has little growth. TPA data, derived from their annual financial reports, indicate growth of passengers, including connecting, from 2,294,000 in 2013 to 2,766,000 in 2017, about 20% over five years. By contrast, Air Canada grew by 50% over the same time period.